Journey to Omaha 2017: The Heart’s Journey
When will the Journey take place?
The Journey will begin at 5:00pm on Sunday, June 11 and will conclude at 2:00pm on Friday, June 16.
Who can register?
People of any age are welcome to register for this year’s Journey. People who are 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult leader who also must register for the Journey. We ask that each congregation register at least one adult leader for every six people 18 years and younger.
Where will we sleep and eat?
There are three options for housing:
- At home. If you or someone you know lives in the Omaha area, you can stay at home during the Journey.
- In a local hotel. There is a block of rooms available at a reduced rate on a first come first served basis at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. The rate is an additional $124 per room per night for a room with two Queen-sized beds. Participants need to book their own room(s) by clicking here. The deadline for booking with the hotel at this rate is April 7, 2017.
- At Creighton University. If you are looking to interact with Journey participants into the night and meet new people in a common housing setting, Journey planners encourage you to register to be housed in a residence hall at Creighton University. The cost is an additional $105 per person for five nights of lodging, and Journey planners will assign participants to sleeping rooms.
Meals included in the registration fee include Sunday supper through Friday lunch. Continental breakfasts will be served, so if you have a group that likes a more hearty breakfast, that would be on your own before the morning programming begins.
How will we travel?
Groups will provide their own transportation to Omaha and while on the Journey. There may be some occasions when people may ride with drivers from congregations other than their own. All drivers must be registered as adult participants and have current insurance on their vehicle. All adult participants must complete a Volunteer Screening Form found on the Adult Registration Form and agree to a background check.
What are the important dates and costs for registration?
Early bird registration fee—Housing at Creighton University: $200
Early bird registration fee—Housing on own: $95
Early bird registrations are those submitted on or before April 2.
Regular registration fee—Housing at Creighton University: $225
Regular registration fee—Housing on own: $120
Regular registrations are those submitted between April 3-April 21
Late registration fee—Housing at Creighton University: $250
Late registration fee—Housing on own: $145
Late registrations are those submitted between April 22-May 12
There is no charge for people 3 years of age and younger.
Payment is made online at the time of registration. Requests for refunds can only be accepted through the final due date of May 12, and 25% of each registration is not refundable. Substitutions may be made through May 26. For refunds and substitutions, contact Lisa Kramme at email@example.com.
The registration fee covers meals, all programming (including an afternoon at the Henry Doorly Zoo) and housing as noted above. Journey participants will be responsible for the cost of any additional items they would like to purchase.
What will a typical day look like?
- Morning: Continental breakfast, opening worship, service learning in Omaha, and lunch
- Afternoon: Relationship building activities (including a Lutheran Family Services refugee simulation, talent sharing preparation with new friends, photo scavenger hunt at the Henry Doorly Zoo, and more)
- Evening: Supper, more relationship building activities (including movie and conversation, talent sharing, and more), and closing worship
Daily large group gatherings will feature local musician Simone Weber of Table Grace Café, hip hop artist AGAPE* and spoken word poet Joe Davis.
How do I register?
- Have EACH participant complete a registration form (see Related Links below).
- The primary person registering a group should use the registration forms to complete registration online (see “Register Now” button below).
- Registration fees must be paid online with a credit card when your congregation registers.
- Each ADULT participant must complete a volunteer screening form (Side 2 of the Adult Registration Form) and mail a copy of the Volunteer Screening Form by May 12, 2017 to Lisa Kramme at 6757 Newport Ave., Ste. 200, Omaha, NE 68152.
- Bring the hard copy of the registration forms to the Journey so an adult leader will have them for emergency purposes.
- Please note: We cannot accept placeholder names as a registration (for example, “Youth Female 1” or “Adult Male 2”) in order to qualify for early bird or regular registration rates.